Saturday, July 21, 2018 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Conditioning the Canine Athlete: Puppies to Seniors
Presented by Family Dog Training Center in Kent, WA
New puppy destined for conformation or performance? Join us to get your new partner started off on the right paw!
Have an older or senior dog? Never too late to work on conditioning to make their adult years comfortable and safe.
- Understanding and evaluating structure and gait. Physical requirements for different dog sports.
- Conditioning programs and therapeutic exercise with and without equipment,
- why the correct form is so important for the performance dog.
- Common (and not so common) sports injuries, their prevention and treatment options.
- All participating dogs (working spots) will be working on the floor in small groups, based on size/age/breed/experience. Dr. Schaefer will guide everyone through appropriate stretches and exercises (with and without fitness equipment) for individual dogs.
Dr. Schaefer provides a unique perspective as a veterinarian with over 20 years’ experience treating performance dogs for all types of competitions and healthy retirements, as well as, a dog sports competitor.
This workshop is appropriate for dogs in all sports, from conformation to agility, obedience, freestyle, herding, lure coursing, barn hunt and more.
- Working spots for handlers with dogs – Cost: $85.00 – Limited to 15 dogs Puppies over 8 weeks and dogs of all ages are welcome in working spots.
- Auditor spots – Cost: $55.00 – Limited to 20 spots
- Light refreshments will be provided.
- No refunds; however you may sell your spot to someone else provided you advise us via email.
- No aggressive or out-of-control dogs are permitted at this workshop.
- Handlers attending with dogs should bring a crate, water, treats, etc. (more information will be provided a week prior to the workshop).
The workshop will be held at Family Dog Training Center, 1515 Central Ave. S., Kent, WA 98032.
Questions? Contact Office@FamilyDogOnline.com or 253-854-9663.